Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are individuals of different racial and ethnical backgrounds. It fits in the goals of obtaining the university’s diversity. The Board of Directors is custodian of the endowment and all the properties of AIU. The Board administers the invested fund, sets the annual budget, and determines policies for operation and control of the University. Among the power given to the Directors by the Founding Grant is the power to appoint a president, who is responsible for the management of the University and all its departments.
The function of the board includes making decisions on important issues concerning:
- AIU’s organization
- Annual reports and interim reports, etc.
- The audit program
- Distribution of internal resources and the follow up of this
- Termination of employment due to personal circumstances
- Order of admissions and employment
- Important recommendations and issues which are significant as a matter of principle
Major Responsibilities of the Board of Directors include:
1. Determine the Organization's Mission and Purpose
2. Select the Executive
3. Support the Executive and Review His or Her Performance
4. Ensure Effective Organizational Planning
5. Ensure Adequate Resources
6. Manage Resources Effectively
7. Determine and Monitor the Organization's Programs and Services
8. Enhance the Organization's Public Image
9. Serve as a Court of Appeal
10. Assess Its Own Performance
Our Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers receiving no pay for their services. Current Directors:
Bob & Diane Lamb, CEO
Omni Controls, Inc.
Hamisu Salihu, MD, PhD
Tenured Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
University Of South Florida
Linda Prescott, M.B.E.
Linda Prescott is currently an Instructor in Office Administration and Computer Science at the Hillsborough Community College (HCC – Ybor Campus). She holds a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Business Education with post-graduate work in Business, Information Systems, and Education. She has been an instructor in business education and computer science for over 38 years in colleges and universities in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, and California.
William Locander, PhD
Since receiving his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, Dr. Locander has served as chair of the Marketing Dept & Associate Dean of the College of Business at the University of Houston; Distinguished Professor in Marketing at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville; Chairman of Marketing & the Frank Harvey Professor of Marketing and Quality at the University of South Florida; Founding Director & Chair of the Davis Leadership Center at Jacksonville University; and currently he is Dean of the Joseph A. Butt, SJ, College of Business at Loyola University New Orleans. He is past president of the national American Marketing Association and a former examiner for both the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and the Florida Governor’s Sterling Award. His works are published in various professional journals and he has served on several editorial boards.